eBay and flanging and 7-legged spiders

I recently won my first auction in ebay, paying about USD60 (which I think is a pretty good deal) with shipping for a used-reissue Ibanez FL-9 Flanger. I've been looking for this for quite some time but could not really find a good deal at a reasonable condition. Most I've been are either affordable but in a very battered/wornout or mint with a very high price. This came without a box, and looks really good from the outside. Cleaned it up some sticky tape residue on the sides and some grime from around the knobs and it looks pretty brand new. There was a small dent near the name plate but thats ok. Most important to note of course is that all Ibanez 9 series pedals including the reissues are still made in Japan. 4 knobs, delay time, width, speed and regen, all the parameters I'll need to tweak the flange sound that I need.

There are some audio processing theory involved in flanging, and I hope to understand how it works as I begin to use the pedal more often. In fact, flanging is almost similar to chorusing.
Tested it out, and it has this really warm sounding flange with the option of getting really metallic with more extreme settings. Set it with a slow speed, strum a chord and listen to the sweep of the pedal, amazing. I've yet to really run this with distortion and to get those aeroplane sounds, hope it does not disappoint. In fact, it sounds much better than a Boss BF-2 that I had sold off previously, which sounded pretty boxy and less transparent. This lemon yellow pedal should be keeper this time and I think it could double up as a chorus pedal too.

Being my first transaction in eBay, I searched eBay up in Wiki and found some really unusual auctions which had taken place since it was founded. I'm suprised that people to auction off items such as an F/A-18, an aircraft carrier, Britney's hair and a 7-legged spider picture. The last one really stumped me, apparently it something originally created by David Thorne to pay his chiropactor. Read up how this came up here.

Comments

Bok said…
I am addicted to ebay.