Wrist Ergonomics

I recently got myself this wrist support from S&J to, how do you say it, to upgrade or improve my mousing ergonomics. It's supposed to support my wrist while I'm mousing. I've yet to use it, and I plan to use it in the office cos' I think I use the mouse a lot there. This is not a perfomance enhancing product :P (no, I don't think it'll make you more accurate when you are sniping somebody nor will it make you target that ultimate skill more accurately on the enemy hero!) but it's supposed to add comfort (and joy maybe!) to your mousing sessions. Please let me know if your wrist support has given you any other notable experiences :P

Wrist support advocates are somewhat like 2 sides of a coin. I've come across some articles on the web advising against using any wrist supports of any kind, claiming that they aggravate and even make RSI's worse. On the other hand, we see reputable companies like 3M and Fellowes producing/selling wrist supports and even recommend using them in our daily tasks. So I'm kinda confused at the moment. I just have to find out myself.

I haz a bone


What is it good for?

It's shaped like a bone, something like those Mickey Mouse's dog Pluto would chew on :P and the packaging is creatively created so that it looks as though a dog is having that a bone in its mouth. It's also appropriately called the bony-bar wrist rest. I have to give credit to S&J for having such erm... I have to say adorable items. And they do have many other really interesting stuff for sale at very afforable prices.

Blacko

Birds of a feather flock together

pENguiN~ got herself one too, but hers is transparent with colourful stars in it. Not sure if she'll blog about it :P

Comments

pENguiN~ said…
Your bone looks fatter and rounder than mine.... :P
eugch said…
Mine still has some meat I suppose :P
eugch said…
I know.... it came from a bear :D
LadyGrunge said…
Hm... maybe I should get one too. This is to avoid that Carpal Tunnel Syndrome thing right? I remember the many IIF warnings back in Intel.

Ooh that 'black family' shot looks nice :D.. If I do get one, I'd definitely get black too.
eugch said…
heheh.. Frankly it's not relaly that comfortable :)