Age vs music

Ever since I moved, I have not been having a proper place to keep my CDs and have been temporarily putting them in a storage box for quite some time. One fine day, I decided to take them out for some casual listening, and only then did I realize I had quite a large number of CDs (perhaps around 200+) which some I have accumulated over the years since high school. I started my collection from the 90s when alternative rock and grunge was the in-thing, so it's pretty easy to guess what sort of CDs will be in my collection.

So I took some out, listened to them, and to my surprise, found out that my music preference has changed, maybe I got older, maybe my taste got better ;-). I could not like more than half of what I had in the storage box after I've listened to them, so I thought in light of the storage problem I had, it is time that I did some 'herd trimming' and reduce this collection by selling them as used CDs in a local forum.

So I ended up with a for sale stash with almost 70+ CDs. I'm sure I liked them when I bought them initially but somehow I could not recall ever putting them in to the CD player to play. I suppose thats why some still looked very new and shiny. So here they are, listed here, as a reminder for me that I used to own these so that I won't buy them again in the future (I hope not :P)

Aerosmith - Nine Lives
Ash - 1977
Ash - Intergalactic Sonic 7's (2CDs)
Ash - Nu-clear Sound
Bryan Adams - Unplugged
Chris Cornell - Euphoria Morning
Chuck Loeb - Listen
Coldplay - Parachutes
Coldplay - Rush of Blood to the Head
Coldplay - X & Y
Collective Soul - Greatest Hits 1994-2001
Creed - Human Clay
Creed - My Own Prison
Creed - Weathered
ELVA (2CD)
Eric Clapton - Complete Clapton
G3 Live in Tokyo - Satch, Vai, Petrucci (2CDs)
G3 Rocking in the free world - Satch, Vai, Malmsteen (2CDs)
Garbage - Version 2.0
Green Day - International Superhits
Incubus - A Crow Left of the Murder
Incubus - Light Grenades
Incubus - Make Yourself
Incubus - Morning View
Jazz Cafe Piano
Joe Satriani - Crystal Planet
Joe Satriani - Engines of Creation
Joe Satriani - Flying in a Blue Dream
Joe Satriani - Is There Love In Space
Joe Satriani - Joe Satriani
Joe Satriani - Not of This Earth
Joe Satriani - Professor Satch and the Musterion of Rock (1CD+1DVD)
Joe Satriani - Satriani Live! (2CD)
Joe Satriani - Strange Beautiful Music
Joe Satriani - Supercolossal
Joe Satriani - Surfing with the Alien
Joe Satriani - The Extremist
Joe Satriani - Time Machine (2CD)
Khalil Fong - Timeless Live in HK 2009 (DVD)
Kula Shaker - K
Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory
Linkin Park - Meteora
Mansun - Attack of the Grey Lantern
Metallica - And Justice For All
Metallica - Black
Metallica - Load
Metallica - Reload
Metallica - Ride the Lightning
Metallica - S & M (2DC)
Michael Buble - Call Me Irresponsible
Michael Buble - It's Time
Michael Buble - Michael Buble
Nirvana - From the Muddy Banks of the Wishkah
Nirvana - MTV Unplugged in New York
Nirvana - Nevermind
Oasis - Don't Believe the Truth
Oasis - Heathen Chemistry
Oasis - Standing on the Shoulder of Giants
Pearl Jam - Official Bootleg - Rock am Ring, Nürburg, Germany
Radiohead - The Best Of (2CDs)
REM - New Adventures in Hi-Fi
REM - Up!
Savage Garden - Savage Garden
Silverchair - Neon Ballroom
Silverchair - The Best Of (2CDs)
Smashing Pumpkins - Adore
Smashing Pumpkins - Greatest Hits (2CDs)
Smashing Pumpkins - Pieces Iscariot
Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream
Soundgarden - A-sides
Steve Vai - Alive in An Ultra World (2CDs)
Steve Vai - Real Illusions : Reflections
Steve Vai - The Seventh Song
Steve Vai - The Ultra Zone
Suede - A New Morning
Travis - The Man Who

So far I've been able to clear out almost 50 out of the 70 over CDs listed here. Though I'm selling at a loss but it's better than having these lying around doing nothing. All sales proceeds will go towards my Stratocaster fund (slowly but surely getting there).  Hoping to clear out the remaining CDs real soon.

Comments

pENguiN~ said…
U need to sell at least 200+ to get enuff fund for your new baby :P